Times of Suriname Logo
Times of Suriname Logo

Engels

Prince George photo released for his 12th birthday

LONDON -  A new photograph of Prince George has been issued by Kensington Palace to mark his 12th birthday. The photo of the smiling prince was published on social media with a message from his...

Times of Suriname

parents, the Prince and Princess of Wales, which read "Happy 12th Birthday to Prince George!" alongside a birthday cake emoji.

The picture, with a rural setting and the prince in a countryside-style gilet and wearing a friendship bracelet, was taken in Norfolk earlier this year by photographer Josh Shinner. George, the elder son of Prince William and Catherine, is second in line to the throne.

A short video clip on social media also showed the prince playing with his younger siblings Charlotte and Louis, before having his birthday photo taken by a wooden gate. There has been speculation over where George will go for secondary school next year and whether he will follow in his father's footsteps and go to Eton College, a private school where entry usually begins at the age of 13.

Prince William and Catherine have made efforts to create as much of a normal family life as possible, in their home at Adelaide Cottage on the Windsor estate. But his childhood has been within a family living in the public spotlight. The young prince was seen with his parents at this year's Wimbledon tennis championships and he was on the balcony at Buckingham Palace for the Trooping the Colour flypast.

During celebrations to mark the 80th anniversary of VE Day, Prince George met veterans at a tea party in Buckingham Palace, hearing their first-hand stories. He has also been experiencing the highs and lows of being a football supporter, going to see Aston Villa with his father Prince William. (BBC/ KENSINGTON PALACE/ JOSH SHINNER)

Gerelateerde Artikelen

Engels

At least 90 dead in Chinese coal mine explosion

SHANXI – At least 90 people have been killed in a coal mine blast in northern China, according to the country's state media. The gas explosion happened at the Liushenyu Coal Mine, run by the Tongzhou Group, in Shanxi Province.

Voetbal

De Zerbi wil niet veel kwijt over Romero

VOETBAL - Roberto De Zerbi heeft zich uitgesproken over Cristian Romero. De Argentijnse aanvoerder van Tottenham Hotspur staat met een blessure aan de kant en is er zondag tijdens de laatste speelronde van de Premier League niet bij.

Buitenland

Zeker 90 mijnwerkers omgekomen bij explosie in Chinese kolenmijn

SHANXI – In China zijn zeker 90 mijnwerkers om het leven gekomen als gevolg van een explosie in een kolenmijn. President Xi Jinping heeft een onderzoek bevolen naar de oorzaak en naar wie verantwoordelijk is voor de ramp.

Binnenland

20 jaar cel voor ‘Kwaiki’ na fatale woningoverval aan Pierpontweg

PARAMARIBO – De Kantonrechter heeft een zware straf opgelegd aan L.D., beter bekend als “Kwaiki”, voor zijn rol in een gewelddadige woningoverval aan de Pierpontweg die in april 2024...

Engels

US Navy official says Taiwan arms sales on 'pause' over Iran war

WASHINGTON - The acting US Navy secretary said Thursday that arms sales to Taiwan had been put on "pause" to ensure that the American military had sufficient munitions for its Iran operations.