Afghan evacuee boy who ate poisonous mushrooms dies in Poland


A five-year-old Afghan boy evacuated from Kabul after the Taliban takeover has died in Poland after eating poisonous mushrooms, officials say. The boy’s six-year-old brother, who also ate the mushrooms, had a liver transplant but is critically ill, a doctor said. The boys were staying at a refugee centre near Warsaw after arriving in Poland with their family on 23 August. They ate the mushrooms a day later and were taken to hospital. “Unfortunately, we were unable to help both boys,” the hospital’s director, Dr Marek Migdal, said on Thursday, confirming the death of the five-year-old boy. He had suffered irreversible brain damage and was unable to have a liver transplant, unlike his brother.(BBC)…[+]